Usmile.id – Supplementary food for breast milk, better known as MPASI, should be given after the baby is more than 6 months old, because he has passed exclusive breastfeeding. Usually, baby rice flour is packaged specifically for age. Even now with a variety of flavors that are certainly safe for babies.
Many young mothers are worried about whether this instant baby porridge is right for their baby. Will it not contain preservatives or harmful chemicals? It’s time to be a smart mother who is smart in choosing which one to give to her child. Don’t be paranoid, find out more.
Tips for Choosing Good, Tasty and Healthy Baby Rice Flour
Well, one of the right ways to find out if the various brands of baby porridge that have been sold are right for babies, it’s best to ask a doctor, at least an obstetrician. Where all health practitioners will suggest which is comfortable and suitable for mother and baby. Try to identify it this way.
Know the Types of Rice Flour
It turns out that not only one type of instant rice flour is consumed by babies, but there are several types according to their needs. White rice flour is a high carbohydrate source, suitable for babies who cry because they need high calorie intake, usually baby boys.
Brown rice flour has a high fiber content which is suitable for babies with digestive disorders or difficult bowel movements. In addition, it is a sign of gluten content so it does not cause obesity. There is also corn rice flour which contains high phosphorus and is good for children’s brain development.
Check the Nutritional Content of Instant Rice Flour
Not only know the type of rice flour but also know the nutritional content. This can be seen on the side of the package, there is information on the content of vitamins, minerals, nutrients and recommendations for proper consumption. Don’t panic, mother, make sure the nutritional content is right and balanced for the baby.
In addition, make sure the product has passed BPOM testing so that product quality is guaranteed. In addition, make sure the content of sugar and sodium levels, this should not be too much because it interferes with growth. It’s good to contain lots of iron for the development of bones and teeth.
Adjust Rice Flour to Baby’s Age
It’s better not to buy instant baby food randomly or just take it. Now there are instructions for proper baby food according to their age, for example, for babies aged 6 months it is better to choose softer baby porridge so that it is easy to consume, besides that it can stimulate the senses of taste and teeth.
It is different for 10 month old baby food, starting to develop teeth, eating must be stimulated with coarser food so that the growth of bones and teeth is maximized. Just look at the outer packaging, besides the taste, there is an indication of the baby’s age for the instant porridge.
Check Packaging and Expiration
Smart mothers must know that buying baby needs does not mean having to be expensive to get a good product, but packaging in good condition. No open, neat packaging and no dents. This will affect the product and its nutritional content.
In addition to packaging, also make sure the expiration date. Especially for instant packaged baby food, it is usually produced for a long period of time. It’s different if you choose organic baby food, it will usually last only a month or less.
Make sure it tastes good and kids like it
The last thing that must be considered before giving complementary foods to babies is to make sure it tastes good and is liked by the baby. Parents certainly know what their children want, especially if they like certain foods. Usually marked by eating voraciously and not removing the porridge.
How to know baby porridge is delicious? Why not just taste it, after all this is just porridge but in an instant form that must be brewed first. If it tastes good and the aroma doesn’t sting, then as a parent you will feel calm about giving it to your baby.
8 Choices of Good and Safe Baby Rice Flour
For young mothers who are confused about choosing a safe and good baby rice flour, especially since this is the first experience of being a mother. It’s good to see the recommendations for some of the products below and you should adjust them to the needs and age of the baby before giving complementary foods.
1. Promina 6+ . Baby Porridge
Promina baby porridge is a weight gainer suitable for babies’ first complementary foods. It can stimulate the growth of teeth without pain, making children more active in chewing and not lazy to move. Suitable for babies who are active and need more nutrition after the age of 6 months and over.
In addition, there are many variants of Promina baby porridge 6 flavors, give it a plain taste for the first time. After that, you are free to give whatever taste, as long as the child likes it. For the first solid food, just give one small bowl once a day. If indeed the child likes more than two meals in the morning and evening.
Advantages of Promina 6+ Baby Porridge
- Can stimulate tooth growth
- Children become more active chewing
- Reduces the incidence of pain due to teething
- Passed BPOM test and halal from MUI. Instant porridge for babies aged 6 months and over
- A variety of flavors are available
- How to make it easy, dads can do it
- Can be an additional source of energy for babies
- Various sizes are available, there are even sachets available
Disadvantages of Promina 6+ Baby Porridge
- The texture is too smooth, the baby gets hungry easily
- Babies don’t like fruits and vegetables after consuming instant porridge
- The smell is quite pungent when compared to homemade baby porridge
Price of Promina Baby Porridge 6+
|Shopee||Rp. 13,700||Box 120 grams|
|Tokopedia||Rp. 16,000||Box 120 grams|
|Bukalapak||Rp. 17,000||Box 120 grams|
|Lazada||Rp. 16,500||Box 120 grams|
|Blibli||Rp. 15,000||Box 120 grams|
|Jd.id||Rp. 17,300||Box 120 grams|
2. Sun Baby Porridge
Sun porridge for 6 months baby who has been exclusively breastfed. This will be a fun first solid food intake for babies. The texture is soft, easy to consume and doesn’t make you feel bloated. Increase appetite, many babies are happy and make this instant porridge as a food addition.
The best seller of brown rice products for 0-6 months because it is suitable for babies who need more nutrition, this happens when less milk is produced. Complete nutrition ranging from 15 vitamins (especially vitamins A, C and E), contains 15 minerals, lysine, calcium, iron, AHA and DHA. Economical packaging and low price.
Advantages of Sun Baby Porridge
- Safe for first-time solids
- Suitable for babies aged 0-6 months
- The texture is soft so it’s easy for babies to digest
- Help overcome the problem of constipation
- Complete vitamin and mineral content
- Supports maximum baby growth
- Passed the BPOM test and proved to be halal with the MUI logo
- Does not give any side effects to the baby
- Easy serving, just add warm water
Lack of Sun Baby Porridge
- We recommend giving diluted porridge for babies under 6 months
- When you try for the first time just give a little
- Make sure the packaging is not exposed to direct sunlight
Sun Baby Porridge Price
|Shopee||Rp. 8.000||Box 120 grams|
|Tokopedia||Rp. 8,500||Box 120 grams|
|Bukalapak||Rp. 8,300||Box 120 grams|
|Lazada||Rp. 8,900||Box 120 grams|
|Blibli||Rp. 8.000||Box 120 grams|
|Jd.id||Rp. 9,000||Box 120 grams|
3. Milna Baby Porridge
Milna baby porridge is claimed to be 95 percent organic, without preservatives and safe for babies aged 6 months and over. Even because it is organic without the use of pesticides and is more hygienic in packaging. This will certainly support growth and development and improve the digestive system in babies.
In addition, this organic baby porridge contains omega 3 and omega 6 which are good for brain growth. In addition, it contains complete vitamins and minerals, suitable for supporting the growth and development of bones and teeth. The price of milna baby porridge is affordable and available in various sizes.
Advantages of Milna Baby Porridge
- Organic instant baby porridge
- Contains no preservatives and free of pesticides
- Safe to give to babies aged 6 months and over
- The texture is a bit rough, perfect for stimulating baby’s teeth
- Can support growth
- Can improve the digestive system
- Easy way to make
- It feels good
- The price is affordable and easy to get
- Passed BPOM test and halal certification from MUI
Lack of Milna Baby Porridge
- For babies under 6 months, give it in a diluted condition
- The texture is a bit rough, not recommended for babies aged 1 month and over
- Do not use hot water so that the nutrients in the porridge are not lost
Milna Baby Porridge Price
|Shopee||Rp. 13,100||Box 120 grams|
|Tokopedia||Rp. 18,500||Box 120 grams|
|Bukalapak||Rp. 16,000||Box 120 grams|
|Lazada||Rp. 14,000||Box 120 grams|
|Blibli||Rp. 13,500||Box 120 grams|
|Jd.id||Rp. 15,500||Box 120 grams|
4. Nestle Cerelac Baby Porridge
Cerelac baby porridge for 6 months is indeed suitable as a complementary food for breast milk. The texture is not too smooth, a bit rough to stimulate the growth of teeth. Where it contains nutrients and carbohydrate sources as alternative energy. Suitable for the growth of bones and teeth with high iron.
In addition, it contains omega 3 and linoleic acid which supports maximum brain growth, contains 11 vitamins and 5 minerals, complete to maximize growth. Cerelac dosage for babies 6 months should not be too much, a maximum of 2 times a day in the morning and evening.
Advantages of Nestle Cerelac Baby Porridge
- Complementary food for breastfeeding ages 6 months and over
- Complete vitamins and nutrients for growth
- The content of linoleic acid and omega will maximize brain growth
- The texture is a bit rough to stimulate the growth of teeth
- High in iron content to help the growth of bones and teeth
- How to make easy
- Instant porridge that is safe and passed the BPOM test
- Proven halal with the MUI logo
Disadvantages of Nestle Cerelac Baby Porridge
- Not suitable for babies before 6 months
- Make sure the child has started teething
- The first dose is small so that the child does not choke
Price Nestle Cerelac Baby Porridge
|Shopee||Rp. 12,700||Box 120 grams|
|Tokopedia||Rp. 10,500||Box 120 grams|
|Bukalapak||Rp. 11,400||Box 120 grams|
|Lazada||Rp. 10,900||Box 120 grams|
|Blibli||Rp. 14,400||Box 120 grams|
|Jd.id||Rp. 16,000||Box 120 grams|
5. Nayz Elhappy Tummy
Nayz baby porridge is most suitable to overcome the problem of constipation due to lack of fiber. Especially if the milk is hard to come out and the child needs complementary foods. It’s very calm to give instant porridge nayz the tap has high fiber and restores the digestive system.
Can be a source of backup energy, organic materials and without the use of preservatives. Has anti-constipation content so that babies no longer cry when defecating. In addition, it can stimulate appetite and make children more active.
The advantages of Nayz Elhappy Tummy
- Baby porridge with high fiber content
- Contains anti-constipation
- The solution to overcome defecation comfortably
- High energy content as a source of energy reserves
- Stimulates baby’s appetite
- Make baby more active
- Reduces pain due to teeth and bone growth
- Passed BPOM test and halal from MUI
- It’s delicious and easy to make
Disadvantages of Nayz Elhappy Tummy
- No preservatives so it doesn’t last long
- High fiber content is not suitable for babies under 6 months
- Big packaging and expensive
Price Nayz Elhappy Tummy
|Shopee||Rp. 33,000||Box 300 grams|
|Tokopedia||Rp. 32,000||Box 300 grams|
|Bukalapak||Rp. 30,000||Box 300 grams|
|Lazada||Rp. 29,500||Box 300 grams|
|Blibli||Rp. 32,000||Box 300 grams|
|Jd.id||Rp. 31,500||Box 300 grams|
6. Organic Gasol of Brown Rice Flour
Gasol rice flour is safe to give to children aged 6 to 9 months. It can even stimulate the growth of teeth and relieve pain so that children are not fussy. Suitable as MPASI porridge with high energy content, can be a source of backup energy.
This answers the fear of young mothers about gasol flour is safe for babies, proven safe if given at the right time. The texture of gasol flour is a bit hard, that’s why it should be given to babies who are starting to grow teeth so they are not lazy to chew and grow and develop more optimally.
Advantages of Organic Gasol Brown Rice Flour
- Safe baby porridge for ages 6 to 9 months
- Brown rice will stimulate maximum brain development
- Supporting growth in the golden age
- Suitable for babies who are starting to teeth
- Stimulates teething and babies love to chew
- Reduces pain when teeth start to grow
- Brown rice can be a source of energy without excess carbohydrates
- Good for muscle and bone growth
- Passed safe test from BPOM and halal according to MUI
- Fast, easy serving and only need extra warm water
Disadvantages of Organic Gasol Brown Rice Flour
- The texture is a bit rough, not suitable for babies under 6 months
- Use small portions for the first solid food
- Don’t be too thick, baby will find it difficult to digest
Price of Organic Gasol Brown Rice Flour
|Shopee||Rp. 28.000||Box 200 grams|
|Tokopedia||Rp. 28.000||Box 200 grams|
|Bukalapak||Rp. 31,500||Box 200 grams|
|Lazada||Rp. 25,500||Box 200 grams|
|Blibli||Rp. 28.000||Box 200 grams|
|Jd.id||Rp. 28.000||Box 200 grams|
7. Yummy Bites Cereal
Instant baby porridge for weight gain with a delicious pasta taste. The combination of savory flavors and cheese and pasta, children will definitely like it. In addition, there are vegetables such as carrots and tomatoes to support the eyes. In addition, it makes children not easily sick with high vitamin and mineral content.
Rich in iron and calcium content to support the growth of children aged over 6 months. Suitable for children who do not like to eat vegetables and fruit, which do not contain sugar so that children will not be obese due to too much gluten content.
The Advantages of Yummy Bites Cereal
- Baby porridge to increase baby’s weight naturally and healthy
- Tasty pasta and cheese
- High content of fruit and vegetables
- The content of vitamins and minerals helps children not get sick easily
- No sugar content that can cause obesity
- High in iron and calcium for the growth of bones and teeth
- Passed the safe consumption test from BPOM and halal from MUI
- How to serve quickly and easily, just brew it with warm water
Disadvantages of Yummy Bites Cereal
- The price is more expensive than other baby instant porridge
- Savory porridge that not all children like
- The first giving should not be too dense and a lot
Yummy Bites Cereal Price
|Shopee||Rp. 34,000||Box 200 grams|
|Tokopedia||Rp. 36,000||Box 200 grams|
|Bukalapak||Rp. 40,000||Box 200 grams|
|Lazada||Rp. 41,000||Box 200 grams|
|Blibli||Rp. 40,000||Box 200 grams|
|Jd.id||Rp. 40,000||Box 200 grams|
8. Bitzy Organic Baby Puree
Organic baby porridge with 9 flavors, homemade and in jar packaging that can last up to 2 weeks (in the refrigerator). Only use organic ingredients such as vegetables and fruit. Smells and tastes good. Its slightly rough texture is suitable for stimulating baby’s teething and chewing.
Suitable for the first MPASI without preservatives and sugar. Homemade products that are suitable for dealing with difficult bowel movements in children, disturbed digestive systems and often crying even though they have been breastfed. It tastes good and contains high fiber but is not suitable for 1 month babies.
Advantages of Bitzy Organic Baby Puree
- Organic baby porridge without preservatives and sugar
- Only use vegetables and fruit
- Can last up to 2 weeks after the packaging is opened
- It feels good
- The texture is a bit rough which is suitable for stimulating the growth of teeth and chewing children
- Suitable for overcoming constipation problems with high fiber content
- Proven safe and tested from BPOM. Proven halal from MUI certification
- Suitable for the first complementary food for babies over 6 months old
Disadvantages of Bitzy Organic Baby Puree
- Hard to find and only in certain supermarkets
- The price is expensive
- Can’t last long
- Not suitable for babies under 6 months
- It lasts longer in the refrigerator
Price Bitzy Organic Baby Puree
|Shopee||Rp. 120,000||Jar 100 ml|
|Tokopedia||Rp. 150,000||Jar 100 ml|
|Bukalapak||Rp. 219,000||Jar 100 ml|
|Lazada||Rp. 172,000||Jar 100 ml|
|Blibli||Rp. 247,000||Jar 100 ml|
|Jd.id||Rp. 228.000||Jar 100 ml|
Best Baby Rice Flour Recommendation
All of the baby porridge recommendations above are the first complementary foods for babies over 6 months old. As for the recommendation of the best baby rice flour is baby sun porridge. The texture is soft, perfect for first-time solids. It tastes good and there are many choices of flavors.
It can last a long time, without preservatives and helps the growth of babies in their golden age. Can stimulate tooth growth, help children to actively chew and reduce pain when teeth begin to grow. The way of serving is also easy, just brew it with warm water and let it sit for 2 minutes.
Also read: 10 Brands of Chocolate Powder that are Delicious for Drinks
All of the baby rice flour porridge above has many flavors, the texture is suitable and safe for babies over 6 months. It is better to consult if the child refuses to be given complementary foods, besides that, find out the content so that it is appropriate and according to the needs of the baby at his growing age.
Thank you for listening to information about baby porridge and its contents, it will be helpful for new mothers. Please like and comment, you can also share with your closest friends so you can get the right MPASI porridge for your baby.